2020 Best Online MBA Programs in
Florida has earned a reputation as one of the top travel destinations in the world because of its thriving tourism industry. Aside from its popularity with tourists, the state’s steadily growing economy and favorable business climate have also made it attractive to both American and multinational corporations. The success of these corporations hinges on the availability of educated business professionals; therefore, Florida has a high demand for MBA graduates. We have ranked the Sunshine State’s best online MBA programs according to the percentage of graduates going on to executive-level jobs.
MBA Jobs in
Home to the nation’s most robust tourist industry, dozens of airports and maritime ports, and an extremely favorable business and tax climate, Florida is an ideal destination for job-seeking MBA graduates. The state’s key industries include aerospace, life sciences, manufacturing, security, and information technology. MBA graduates headed to Florida will benefit from its low unemployment rate, as well as its large and diverse economy.
Florida had 19 companies on the Fortune 500 in 2019, including Publix Supermarkets, AutoNation, Hertz Global Holdings, Raymond James, Office Depot, and Fidelity National Financial. Each of these multinational corporations require professionals who have both hard and soft skills. Because most MBA graduates gain valuable leadership, management, strategic vision, and project execution skills during their education, they make excellent candidates in the Florida job market.
In addition to supporting large corporations, Florida also supports the start-up community through its Innovation Florida and UF Innovate initiatives. At Innovation Florida, for example, services for aspiring entrepreneurs include providing academic support, venture capital outreach, government assistance, and opportunities for cross-border collaboration. MBA graduates planning to pursue start-up or small-company opportunities will find substantial resources to support these ventures in Florida.
MBA Employment Projections
The Florida Department of Economic Opportunity provides employment prospects by industry for the years 2018-2026. Some of the most desirable MBA jobs will experience growth during this period, including: finance and insurance at 7.7%; real estate, leasing, and rentals at 9.4%; professional, scientific, and technical services at 13.5%; and management of companies and enterprises at 13.6%.
In addition to these areas, recent graduates will find potential MBA career paths in corporate functional areas such as strategic planning, marketing and promotion, PR and investor relations, human resources, logistics management, and compensation and benefits.
Florida MBA Salaries
The average MBA salary in Florida is approximately $70,000 per year, which falls below the national average MBA salary of $83,000. Florida’s cost of living is also below the national average, however, which translates into lower prices for essentials like rent, food, and utilities than in other areas of the country.
Although Florida MBA salaries are below average, Zippia.com reports that many typical MBA jobs boast annual salaries over $100,000. In addition to top company executives, these MBA careers in Florida may include financial managers, sales managers, marketing managers, compensation and benefits managers, advertising and promotions managers, human resources managers, purchasing managers, and general managers.
- Walton, J. (2019). Florida’s Economy: The 6 Industries Driving GDP Growth. [online] Investopedia. Available at: https://www.investopedia.com/articles/investing/011316/floridas-economy-6-industries-driving-gdp-growth.asp [Accessed 11 Oct. 2019].
- Walker, R. (2019). Top 5 Florida Industries: Which Parks of the Economy Are Strongest? Available at: https://fedconline.org/top-5-industries-in-florida-which-parts-of-the-economy-are-strongest/ [Accessed 10 Sept. 2019].
- Fortune 500 (2019). Available at: https://fortune.com/fortune500/2019/search/?hqstate=fl. [Accessed 1 Sept. 2019].
- Innovation Florida website. Available at: https://www.innovationflorida.co/ [Accessed 1 Sept. 2019].
- UF Innovate website. Available at: http://innovate.research.ufl.edu/ [Accessed 1 Sept. 2019].
- Florida Department of Economic Opportunity website. Available at: http://www.floridajobs.org/workforce-statistics/data-center/statistical-programs/employment-projections [Accessed 1 Sept. 2019].
- MBA Salary in Florida (2019). Available at: https://www.ziprecruiter.com/Salaries/How-Much-Does-a-MBA-Make-a-Year--in-Florida. [Accessed 1 Sept. 2019].
- Cost of Living in Florida. Available at: https://www.cityrating.com/cost-of-living/florida/ [Accessed 1 Sept. 2019].
- Kolmar, C. These Are the 10 Highest-Paying Jobs in Florida. Available at: https://www.zippia.com/advice/highest-paying-jobs-in-florida/ [Accessed 1 Sept. 2019].