2020 Best Online MBA Programs in
Georgia is a popular location for MBA graduates because of its pro-business climate and sustained economic growth. The state is home to a diverse range of industries, including banking, insurance, transportation, information technology, and manufacturing, which create opportunities for MBA graduates to seek employment in many different fields. We researched all the online MBA programs in Georgia to determine the best programs in the state. Schools are ranked based on the percentage of alumni employed in executive positions.
MBA Jobs in
Georgia is a popular destination for MBA graduates seeking temperate weather, a favorable business climate, an above-average economic growth rate, and a diverse mix of industries. Georgia is home to both large and small companies, with a strong focus on innovation, so MBA grads can begin their careers with large, established corporations, small start-up companies, or anything in between. Atlanta, the state’s capital, is the hub of Georgia’s economic community, home to approximately six million residents across the metropolitan area.
Of the nation’s Fortune 500 companies, 18 have their home in Georgia, including the huge consumer businesses Home Depot, United Parcel Service, Delta Airlines, and Coca-Cola. These four corporations alone employ close to one million workers, with thousands more at other giants like Aflac, Mohawk Industries, Genuine Parts, WestRock, and SunTrust. These companies offer plenty of diversity for MBA grads, in industries such as insurance, automotive supplies, banking, and manufacturing, as well as dozens of others.
MBA Job Growth
Georgia is also a hub for small-company innovation. The Georgia Centers of Innovation is a resource available to entrepreneurs, which helps them commercialize their products by providing technical expertise, research, partnerships, and networking opportunities. A division of the Georgia Department of Economic Development, the Centers of Innovation works with businesses across the state to establish companies in five distinct areas: Aerospace, Energy Technology, Information Technology, Logistics, and Manufacturing.
There are numerous opportunities in Georgia for MBA graduates looking to use their skills in a corporate environment. Employers of all sizes need individuals with strong business skills to manage their executive, human resources, operations, finance, strategic planning, marketing, and sales functions. According to the Georgia Department of Labor, two of the cities in Georgia with the lowest unemployment rate as of July 2019 are Brookhaven, with 2.2% unemployment, and Chamblee, with 2.3% unemployment.
Georgia MBA Salaries
The average MBA salary in Georgia is $75,000 per year, which is below the national average MBA salary of approximately $83,000. However, the cost of living in Georgia is also below the national average — by about five percent — which helps offset this differential.
Many MBA career paths in Georgia pay significantly higher than both the state and national average. According to Zippia.com, for example, financial managers, sales managers, marketing managers, compensation and benefits managers, advertising and promotions managers, human resources managers, purchasing managers, and general managers all earn well above $100,000 annually.
- Weeks, M. (2018). Georgia Economy Still Riding Expansion Wave into 2019. [online] UGA Today. Available at: https://news.uga.edu/economic-outlook-2019/ [Accessed 10 Oct. 2019].
- Keenan, S. (2019). Open Thread: Census Shows Explosive Growth But Are We Really Full? Available at: https://atlanta.curbed.com/2019/4/19/18485864/census-metro-atlanta-population-growth-we-full [Accessed 1 Sept. 2019].
- Fortune 500 (2019). Available at: https://fortune.com/fortune500/search/ [Accessed 1 Sept. 2019].
- Kolmar, C. (2015). These are the 10 Best Places in Georgia to Get a Job. https://www.zippia.com/advice/best-places-in-georgia-to-get-a-job/ [Accessed 17 Sept. 2019].
- Georgia Centers of Innovation website. Available at: https://www.georgia.org/georgia-centers-of-innovation [Accessed 1 Sept. 2019].
- MBA Annual Salary in Georgia. 2019. https://www.ziprecruiter.com/Salaries/How-Much-Does-a-MBA-Make-a-Year--in-Georgia? [Accessed 1 Sept. 2019].
- Cost of Living in Georgia. Available at: https://www.cityrating.com/cost-of-living/georgia/ [Accessed 1 Sept. 2019].
- Kolmar, C. (2019). These Are the 100 Highest-Paying Jobs in Georgia in 2019. https://www.zippia.com/advice/highest-paying-jobs-in-georgia/ [Accessed 1 Sept. 2019].