2020 Best Online MBA Programs in
Ohio is home to multiple Fortune 500 companies that employ thousands of management and executive-level employees. The state’s business-friendly climate has led to a continual increase in new business development. During the next decade, the healthcare industry in Ohio is expected to grow by double digits. This will increase the demand for executives and managers in healthcare, and the availability of online MBA programs will help educate individuals to fill those roles. We ranked Ohio’s best online MBA programs to highlight schools with the highest percentage of graduates employed in executive positions.
MBA Jobs in
With its central location, diverse economy, friendly culture, and above-average affordability, Ohio has a lot to offer. In addition to its numerous lifestyle benefits, Ohio is an attractive location for MBA jobs due to the diverse range of career opportunities available. Ohio has a broad range of industries from which to choose; some of the largest industries for MBA careers include healthcare, architecture, education, manufacturing, and management.
In 2019, there were 20 Ohio companies listed on the Fortune 500, including Cardinal Health, Kroger, Marathon Petroleum, Procter & Gamble, and Nationwide. These five companies alone employ approximately 680,000 workers, based throughout the state, including thousands of executives, managers, and other skilled MBA professionals. Other Fortune 500 companies based in Ohio include Progressive, Macy’s, Sherwin-Williams, American Power, and Goodyear Tire & Rubber. These companies provide ample MBA career paths in a diverse range of industries.
Ohio also maintains an active start-up culture, with both state and community-based organizations offering help with business planning, resource development, implementation, and scaling.
MBA Job Growth
While Ohio only has an expected 0.4% population growth expected over the next ten years, the state is thriving in other areas. For the years of 2016-2026, the biggest growth industries in Ohio are projected to revolve around healthcare practitioners and support personnel, at 21.7% and 12.4% respectively, according to the Ohio Bureau of Labor Market Information. Those seeking MBA career growth in healthcare-related fields may consider employment opportunities at companies looking to hire executive leaders, accounting and finance professionals, sales and marketing managers, human resources personnel, and operations directors.
Moderate growth over the 2016-2026 period is also projected for several other MBA career paths in Ohio. The growth rate for “Business & Financial Operations” careers is projected to be 7.2%, while “Management” careers are expected to grow by 5.5%. These two categories will increase demand in MBA jobs for finance and operations experts as well as those who possess strong leadership and management skills.
Ohio MBA Salaries
The average MBA salary in Ohio is $77,000 per year, somewhat below the national average of approximately $83,000. However, the cost of living in Ohio is also below the national average — by more than eight percent — which helps to offset the disparity.
Many MBA career paths in Ohio pay significantly higher than the state and national average. average. According to Zippia.com, financial managers, sales managers, marketing managers, compensation and benefits managers, advertising and promotions managers, human resources managers, purchasing managers, and general managers all earn significantly above $100,000 annually so there is plenty of room for career growth.
- A Business-Friendly Approach Promotes Innovation and Growth in Ohio. [online] Available at: https://www.jobsohio.com/why-ohio/business-climate/ [Accessed 10 Oct. 2019].
- Population of Cities in Ohio (2019). Available at: http://worldpopulationreview.com/states/ohio-population/cities/ [Accessed 1 Sept. 2019].
- Fortune 500 (2019). Available at: https://fortune.com/fortune500/2019/search/?hqstate=OH [Accessed 1 Sept. 2019].
- 2026 Ohio Job Outlook (2018), p. 32. Available at: http://ohiolmi.com/proj/Projections/Ohio_Job_Outlook_2016-2026.pdf [Accessed 1 Sept. 2019].
- MBA Salary in Ohio (2019). Available at: https://www.ziprecruiter.com/Salaries/How-Much-Does-a-MBA-Make-a-Year--in-Ohio. [Accessed 1 Sept. 2019].
- Cost of Living in Ohio. Available at: https://www.cityrating.com/cost-of-living/ohio/ [Accessed 1 Sept. 2019].
- Kolmar, C. These Are the 10 Highest-Paying Jobs in Ohio. Available at: https://www.zippia.com/advice/highest-paying-jobs-in-ohio/ [Accessed 1 Sept. 2019].